Wednesday 24 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your passion for patina with me!



Today we're getting up close and personal. I woke up this morning, thinking how blessed I am to be able to help others create beauty. How wonderful it is to share my passion with my students and how fulfilling it is to see them achieve their goals.







Meeting our new students online is always very exciting. Each one has her or his own story and reason for enrolling in the FARRAGOZ Online Course, but the bottom line is always that they have an urge to enrich their lives by doing something creative and different and they want the end product to look like a real antique.








We firmly believe that the only way to get results that will look truly old and not fake, is to use original old recipes and just speed up the ageing process. 


What would artisans have done 200 years ago? Certainly not walk into a store and start loading a trolley with ready made stuff, costing them a few limbs and then go home and slap on a layer or 2 of factory produced chemicals on a piece of furniture. Those modern products are made to last and withstand the elements and won't age naturally. The artisan, or his apprentice, would have mixed the paint, using basic materials and pigments at hand.  There simply were no products in tubes, available in all colours of the rainbow. Colours would be mixed using anything like ground rock, soot, charred wood and even blood.  


This is what people painted with for hundreds of years. A great many of those painted pieces have survived and after all this time, we still stand in awe of those incredible works of art - the objects we "Ooh" and "Ahh" about and all strive to imitate - those exquisitely painted, crusty, flaking antiques.








We are so passionate about this stuff. When we put together this course, we just wanted to share our knowledge with other like-minded people and give them a shortcut to the perfect solution for creating patina on furniture through paint - the original and authentic way.  Little did I realise how life changing it would be for our students, as well as for  me.

I have made so many wonderful friends while guiding them through their projects. A great many of them going through an extremely rough patch in their lives, be it illness, divorce, taking care of their elderly relatives or dealing with the loss of a dear one. What is so very heartwarming to me, is hearing how this course is their escape from reality and helps carry them through their turmoil.









We have received numerous awesome comments about the FARRAGOZ course from students and I would like to share a few with you. Some of them are very personal and touching, and out of respect for those students, I decided to exclude those comments.


~*~

"I am having so much fun with this course and especially learning how to layer paint to get an aged look. The DIY paints and stains are easy to make and cost less than the commercial ones."


"... the customer service is one of the best I have seen."


"Many thanks to you and your wonderful, thorough and well thought out course."


"This course has unleashed my creative juices and now I am hungry for more."


"I just loved the WHOLE process! It is definitely addicting. Your instructions are very complete and extremely easy to follow."


"... taking the course and loving every minute I spend working on improving painting skills. The patinas you can achieve are out of this world - or maybe old world!"


"I loved making each and everyone of the modules. Thank you so much for compiling such wonderful projects."


"This is awesome Tania.  You just keep giving and there is so much precious information.  I loved doing my first project and am so pleased with how my icon turned out.  My friends all say "You DID that??" and are very impressed.  Thank you for an excellent course and truly an amazing value."


"It has been fun learning to make my own gesso, paints and stains and it is amazing how simple and inexpensive they are."


"Wonderful tutorial, you explain everything so well, and the music is very soothing. I feel like I'm right in the studio taking a class. Thanks so much."


"I will always have deep respect for you for all that you have given me in this class! You have already changed my life and I am only on module 2."


"Thanks so much! I thought the instructions were very easy to follow and I love working with the milk paint."


"I am so happy with the results."


"... attending art school was something I had always wanted to do way back, when I was much younger.  This online course is truly fulfilling my dream of what it would have been like."


"... the process was so much easier than I expected and the results were better than I expected. I want to do another one (Icon) soon!"


"I am already coming up with Ideas to put some of these paint mixes in other projects thank you"


"Thanks so much, you're a great teacher!"


"The techniques you learn along the way are like an arsenal. Every phase I finish sends the wheels spinning.  I have about a dozen ideas percolating."


"Thank you so much for your guidance on this Tania. It was such an awesome learning experience and I am looking forward to my next project."


"... my instructor provided such valuable guidance and support all along each phase of my project."


"... your course has been such fun and a much needed distraction for me"

~*~







It's wonderful to find so many people who share our passion for creating "old paint" and so enthusiastic to participate and learn. I'm not sure who enjoys this course most - the students or the instructor!

Tania
xxx




This post was shared with:


#paintfinish #onlinecourse  #furniture #homemade #milkpaint #antique #patina #gesso #distressedpaint #oilpaint #paintclass #painteffect


Although I may not always be able to respond to all the lovely comments here, I appreciate and love reading each and every one of them tremendously. 
Please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment