Friday 25 March 2016

How to do a last minute Vintage Easter Centre Piece


Time for Easter Bunnies and Eggs once more! My, how time has flown to bring us round to another Easter and am I prepared for it? Well, yes I am now, after some last minute painting of eggs and a bunny to take centre stage on my Easter brunch table.





It all went so fast these last 2 days. I had some unopened packets of polystyrene eggs in different sizes stashed away in a cupboard and a brand spanking new unglazed porcelain bunny sitting on the shelf waiting to receive the FARRAGOZ treatment.

The night before last, I eventually said: "Right, you lot! No more time to waste. Let's get you painted."





I quickly mixed some primer, poured a little into four small bowls and coloured them until I had four different pastel colours of my choice. Next, I stuck a pin into each of the eggs to provide me with a kind of handle to hold onto while I paint them. I applied only one coat of the coloured primer on each and, with the pins still in place, strung them up to dry.





I started mixing casein paint for the bunny. I knew I wanted the finish very loosely based on Finish F140 from the Patina FINISHES Course, but perhaps a bit greener. So mixing the colours was really easy.





Before going to bed, I painted the first colour. As the bunny was very porous, there was no need for a primer.






Everything had dried nicely overnight and yesterday morning I was able to add the second colour to the bunny. 






Last night I added the third colour.






This morning it was dry enough to be distressed, after which I sealed it. 





And that was it! Eggs done in one coat of coloured primer (no distressing or sealing) and bunny done in three coats of casein paint, distressed and sealed - All ready for the table.





I added a shell wreath I made last Christmas, an old bird's nest, some pewter ware, crystal ware, emptied goose eggshells I've had for years, real Easter eggs and a few LadurĂ©e chocolates. 

Now I need to get cracking on the menu for the real food.







Have a wonderful Easter weekend!


Tania

xxx



You may also enjoy these posts:



#patina #easter #farragoz #easterbunny #eastereggs  #eastervignette #vintageeaster #eastertable #paintedfurniture  #distressedpaint #paintcourse #onlinecourse #paintfinishes #homemadepaint #painting #classes #paintingclasses #paintinglessons #paintingtutorials #courses #paintingcourses #traditionalcrafts #crafts #howtopaint #howtomake #decor #homedecor #colourpalette #colorpalette




No comments:

Post a Comment